domingo, 22 de mayo de 2011

Sevilla

This past weekend was our first free weekend in Cadiz...so of course we took a trip to Sevilla. 

It was truly indescribable. I could not have even imagined a place like it. Every time I turned around there was another beautiful castillo, catedral, estatua, fuente, o jardines...no big deal. We spent several hours in one garden (Real Alcazar) alone. All the buildings are so exquisite y antigua, but at the same time, there are high speed trains running through the middle of the city. I was standing in front of La Catedral de Sevilla, thinking of the history and incredible architecture, when suddenly a "train" that looks like it belongs in a movie like "I, Robot" sped right in front of it and threw of the whole feel. Sevilla is somewhat of a contradiction.

I had such a great time in Sevilla, which I could easily go on and on about, but nothing (and by "nothing" I mean Madrid and Sevilla, as that is all I have seen thus far) can surpass Cadiz in my mind. It's surprising to me how much this place already feels like home. On the bus ride from Sevilla I kept thinking, "I'm so excited to be home!" We came back around seven and spent the evening on the beach, watching the sun set over fishing boats y El Castillo. God's creation is amazing.

Bedtime.
Look for pictures tomorrow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario