domingo, 19 de junio de 2011

Coming to you from San Antonio.

If you are wondering where I am at this very moment, then call me a genie because I just made your wish come true. I know it is 5 am in the US right now, but here it is 11 am, so I am sitting in my plaza, waiting to meet my love Kathryn for tapas. I think this will be the 5th time I have gone for tapas this week. Did I mention I love them?

For all of you dying to know, I have yet to turn on my iPod. It is a mixture of both fear and desperation that has kept me from trying it again. Desperation because I think that leaving the iPod in rice for multiple days will somehow increase the chances of its success, and fear because I am pretty sure that it won't change anything at all. Yes, my emotions about my iPod are very complex.

Guess what? I jumped off a bridge a couple of days ago. It was super fun. I'll post pictures tomorrow. In the meantime, here is the best one:


Ps. I found this half-written entry yesterday and thought I'd post it. Sorry it is only half done, but I started writing it and decided I didn't like it, so that was the end of it. Anyways, here it is:

There is something to be said for stepping onto a bus without knowing what you will be stepping into when you step off. I recognize that that sentence is unnaturally awkward, but I tried writing it like 5 different ways and each one was worse than the first. Regardless, being dropped off in the middle of a city with no plans or maps or directions is an experience in and of itself. I should know, seeing as how essentially everything we do is planned a (couple) day(s) in advance, followed by a lot of “winging it.”  

With the exception of the city name, we step off a bus not knowing where we are or where to go. Is the city to the left or the right? We ask someone for directions and find somewhere to eat. Then we ask someone for directions and find somewhere to sleep. Just a bunch of asking for directions and making decisions on a whim. I absolutely love it. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario