viernes, 17 de junio de 2011

A lo hecho, pecho.

I have suffered a very low blow. Yesterday after class I went to the beach, as per usual, which is normally around 3:30 pm. Normally, while we are there, the tide is going down, and we end up being much further from the water than when we first arrive. So, naturally, I put my things relatively close to the water so that I would not be too, too far from it by the end of my visit.

Sidebar: I just got asked for directions by a hispanic student. Look at me blending in! Wait. Who am I kidding. That person must have been an idiot.

One minute I was 15 feet away from the water, listening to John Mayer, on the verge of sleep, and the next minute I was literally up to my ears in water, scrambling to collect my things before they were completely drenched in salty, sandy, agua. Being the total idiot that I was already being, I grabbed my bag first, forgetting that John Mayor was still serenading my ears and that my iPod still lay helpless on my towel, which was of course was submerged in water.

I sprinted home, grabbed my computer, sprinted to la plaza, googled what to do when your ipod gets wet, realized all I could do was turn it off, which I already did, so now it is currently sentenced to bed rest for the next 24 hours, which ends in approximately 4 hours.

I was debating the whole rice method, figuring it was probably worthless, but after three people recommended it to me today, I went to El Super Centro and bought a bag of rice. So actually, now I am horizontally carrying (yes, the directions specifically said horizontally) my ipod around in a bag of rice.

Yikes. Class time. Wish me and my iPod luck, por favor!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario