miércoles, 15 de junio de 2011

If you're a bird, I'm a Spaniard.

I finally passed the Spaniard competency test. I've been preparing for over a month, and today I aced it. After classes, I went home for the usual 3:30 pm almuerzo, and afterwards, I took a three and a half hour nap for absolutely no reason at all. When I woke up, mi madre said, "Que buena siesta!" Yes, that is correct. I have mastered the siesta. [Sidebar: For those of you who do not know, I don't ever take naps. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't even believe in them. Try to tell me that they aren't a waste of time, and I will tell you that you're crazy.]

In the world of food, mi madre came into our room to show us what she was going to "cook" for dinner, and we were very pleased to see that it was a frozen package very much resembling Hot Pockets. Ham and cheese on the inside, fried goodness on the outside. But apparently, the fried bread included in the box is not sufficient for the average Spaniard. Yes, she deep fried the hot pockets.

I finally understand siesta, but I doubt I will ever understand la alimentacion.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario