sábado, 25 de junio de 2011

Full Circle.

Once again, I am back in Madrid. It is a weird feeling. When I was first here, which seems like a lifetime ago, I was just an intimated American with no confidence in my Spanish. The first time I was required to speak Spanish was when we went to the Starbucks across from our hotel. I remember panicking as I quickly scanned my brain for all the "In a Restaurant" vocabulary I had learned over a year ago. After repeating myself a couple of times, I received my cup of fruit as I couldn't figure out how to order a drink.

Now, at this very moment, I am sitting in that same Starbucks, drinking my chocolate frappuccino, and  eavesdropping on the romantic couple that is sitting at the table to my right. If I wanted to, I could recount their conversation to you because as I sit here, ready to return to the US, my Spanish has never been stronger.

I will definitely have a final blog about leaving Cadiz, but for now, I am going to enjoy my last moments in Spain and make the most of every opportunity to speak Spanish.

xoxo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario