miércoles, 22 de junio de 2011

Sickness in Espana.

If you related the title to this entry to "Sleepless in Seattle," then you are one of my favorite people. If not, don't worry about it, because I would be the first to admit that it is a bit of a stretch.

There are few things worse than being sick in a foreign country with none of your regular comforts. Two nights ago, I had a very rough night, which included 5 vomit runs to the bathroom and 1 black out on the kitchen floor. Maybe I should have warned you that I was going to be sharing TMI. Sorry.

Fortunately, mi madre was such a doll. Every time I tried to clean something up she started yelling, "No te preocupes!" I felt so bad that she spent the whole night cleaning up after me, but I was also so grateful because honestly, I really didn't want to have to clean that up.

She asked me a trillion times if I wanted anything, and around the trillionth time, I finally asked for a wet towel. She said, "Porque?" All I could think to say was that my mom [Hey mom, I love you!] normally gave me a wet towel for my face. She told me I already had a towel and didn't need a wet one. That was upsetting. It is amazing how much a full grown person can act like such a child when he or she is sick. I just kept thinking how much I wanted my mommy and my bed and my bathroom and a freaking wet towel. Not too much ask!

I spent all of yesterday in bed, and today I took my final written exam. Maybe being sick has somehow miraculously improved my writing abilities. Hey. It could happen.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario