lunes, 13 de junio de 2011

Granada

My apologies, I don't have any adventures that went terribly wrong to recount, but on the plus side, I don't have any adventures that went terribly wrong that I can recount.

I absolutely loved Granada. The Alhambra is probably one of my favorite things I have seen since I have been in Spain. I have a lot of pictures so look for those soon. We stayed in a beautiful hotel that was across the street from El Corte Ingles, which is a super Americanized superstore (like a mall and 5 Wal-Marts combined) where we all bought recognizable snack items and probably got way more excited than that actually warranted.

Our second night we went to my second Flamenco show, and it was even better the second time around. I have a video that I will try to post later today so you can get an idea of what it is really like.

In other news, yesterday, after returning to Cadiz (yay!), nuestra madre greeted us with a lunch that consisted of two pieces of unidentified lunch meat and stale bread. We somehow managed to make it look like we ate enough of it as not to offend her. By dinner, we were both starving and looking forward to a new meal. But as fate would have it, dinner was a boiled egg each and cut up peppers. Oh, and in the defense of the defendant, there were yogurt cups for dessert. Since it was Sunday and the family had left for mass, we decided to scour the kitchen and cook ourselves a real meal. After 15 minutes of searching for something edible (things take longer when you're dancing and singing karaoke at the top of your lungs), we found some delicious cheese tortellini and basil tomato sauce. Buen provecho.

Fortunately, we went to bed before the family returned from mass, but I am curious as to what kind of conversation will ensue when mi madre finds her cut up peppers and eggs in the trash along with the tortellini wrapper and sauce can. I have a feeling we are going to have some serious explaining to do...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario